Friday, November 14, 2008

THING 22. WHAT DID I LEARN TODAY?

Here's something I learned recently. A friend of mine is using Skype to make free computer-to-computer calls to her sister in Australia and her dad in California. I had read about Skype before (through the 23 Things), but somehow the value of it didn't sink in until she explained how her family is using it. She bought a webcam for $30 to use on her computer with Skype.

I now have 9 friends on Facebook. This is in contrast to the 3,129,606 (as of this writing) supporters Obama has on his Facebook page.

I will continue talking to coworkers and friends about web 2.0 tools. I will probably attend webinars in the future.

I looked through the list of possible websites to add to my aggregator. So far I have added LibraryBytes and Library Stuff to my Google Reader.

How many accounts do I have as a result of the 23 Things? I made a list on Ta Da of all the accounts I have opened. The total is 16, but I think there are more. I am going back through my notes to see if there are others.

Ann Walker Smalley gave a presentation at our Inservice Day on Nov. 11 that included a preview of More Things on a Stick. That's coming in January of 2009. There will be new tools as well as more on some of the original 23. I can keep up with web 2.0 tools by working through More Things. Uh oh, more accounts...

No comments: