Friday, October 10, 2008

THING 18. YOUTUBE

I first started looking at YouTube several months ago. I am amazed by the variety: political candidates, pitbulls on skateboards, lipstick on pitbulls, t'ai chi demos, ear candling demos, the Grand march of the librarians, the Betty Glover library workout tape, Nancy Pearl action figure videos, videos on how to embed a YouTube video in your blog. Now Tina Fey is on YouTube impersonating Sarah Palin.

The YouTube video I embedded is some lute music I have enjoyed hearing several times on MPR. A few weeks ago I was in a snit over something (the wasp nest? the water leaking from the laundry room ceiling? the plumbing bill for the leak under the kitchen sink that equaled the GNP of some third world countries? ) I left the house with my stress level approaching meltdown mode. When I got in the car to leave and turned the radio on, the Kapsberger playing. Immediately all the other stuff fell away. I later found the music on MRP's playlist, but couldn't get it to play. The CD is not on Barnes and Nobles' or Borders' websites. It's out of print. It wasn't on MNLink. Then I tried YouTube and found several videos.

No comments: