Friday, October 17, 2008

THING 19. PODCASTING

Before doing this Thing, I think I had listened to maybe 1 or 2 podcasts in my entire life. For this Thing, I started with local podcasts. I heard two from On the Road with MINITEX: one with Sue Colton from Hennepin County and one with Beth Kelly, former director of the Duluth Public Library. I also listened to some of MPR's podcasts.

I explored the podcast directories. I liked Podcast.com and the Educational Podcast Directory. Both had jillions of selections. On Podcast.com I heard a Bloomberg news segment from 10/13 with the chief economist of the International Monetary Fund. From the Educational Podcast Directory I listened to a feature about eating an ounce of nuts a day. The link under Podcast.net is no longer active. Yahoo Podcasts offered few selections. I wasn't interested in any of them. You have to search to find anything beyond those.

I posted Policast with Mike Mulcahy from MPR to my Google Reader account. Then I found websites about how to post podcasts to Blogger. After a few tries, I was able to post Policast to my blog. Click on the Thing 19 title to listen.

No comments: