Thursday, March 5, 2009

THING 27. TWITTER

First of all the malfunction du jour. After posting Thing 26, I went to blog preview. All 26 posts were missing. The rest of the blog was there-- the title, the strawberry, the graphics down the left hand side. I logged in different ways. Still no posts. Went to lunch. When I came back and tried the blog, still no posts. I nosed around Blogger Help. I went into Settings. The time zone was set to Pacific. I changed that to Central. When I went to the blog, all the posts were there.

Watched the Common Craft video and the YouTube video on Twitter with Perry Belcher. He says he spends 3-4 hours a day on Twitter. How does he have time for that? Who does the vacuuming in his house? Belcher says he follows Steve Jobs and the first ten people Jobs followed. I found Steve Jobs and Bill Gates on Twitter and read through their updates. I have looked at other Twitter people and found that many use it as a business and marketing tool. Also news organizations. Found Obama's Twitter page. Last update was Jan. 15th, Martin Luther King Day. I guess he's been too busy to tweet since then.

I signed up for Twitter. At one point it asks for your email and email password. Big red flag. It says your password is submitted securely and they don't email without your permission. I noticed in small print at the bottom "Skip this step." I did. I don't see using Twitter very much. I'll exchange user names with people I know and then go on to the next Thing.

No comments: