Friday, March 13, 2009

THING 29. GOOGLE TOOLS

I signed up for Google News. I customized my screen and tried some archive searches. That would be useful for students. Once I get past this Thing, I doubt I'll use Google News. I'm already confusing it with my iGoogle page. Maybe I'm Googled out.

I have two email accounts, my work email and Gmail. I started using Gmail last year with the first 23 Things. I love the no-spam feature. I wish I could say that about my work email. I watched the video on using Gmail. I was amazed at the comment from the person who said his band uses Gmail to compose, edit and record original songs and then email them to each other. I haven't gotten much beyond the basics.

If I ever want to put up a website, I'll try Google Sites. Right now I don't have a need for it. I watched some of the videos on getting started. It looks fun and easy-- and a whole lot cheaper than paying someone to design your website.

No comments: