Tuesday, March 24, 2009

THING 30. RSS AND DELICIOUS

I haven't looked at my RSS feeds for awhile. Had to stop and think of what they are on. Oh Yes, Google Reader. I added feeds from .Gov, Traffic.com and rssWeather.com. To set up the weather feed, I clicked on Ramsey County and then Shoreview. I have organized my RSS feeds into folders for News, Library, 23 things, Health and wellness, and Traffic and weather.

I signed up for FeedMyInbox. I now get the New York Times feed sent to my email. I signed up on a Monday evening. The first feed showed up the next afternoon.

I looked at Spreed. It is supposed to help you speed read information. Instead of seeing the whole text, 2-4 words flash on the screen at a time. It is very eye catching and dramatic, but also tiring. I don't think I could get used to it.

I set up a Delicious account with the first 23 Things. I liked it. Then the buttons disappeared from my homepage after computer Services did some cleanup operation. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past few days to reinstall the buttons. The process seems to be different from last year.

No comments: