Thursday, March 5, 2009

THING 28. CUSTOMIZED HOME PAGES

I set up a home page using iGoogle. I added the weather, Dow Jones, a sticky note, calendar, CNNMoney. com, the BBC news, the National Geographic picture, Hulu and other features. Many of the news organizations came up by default. I chose a theme for the top. This was easy and fun to put together.

I was concerned that if I created a home page with iGoogle, this would replace the home page we have on our staff Intranet. I didn't want this to happen. After asking around, I learned that to change the home page default on Internet Explorer, you have to go into Tools and then Internet options. So I won't do that. Come to think of it, I didn't find a link on iGoogle where you could make that your home page. Netvibes has an obvious link at the top of the screen to set that as the default home page.

No comments: